Why Reading Ropes?
YET WE KNOW...
Systematic Teaching of Phonemic Awareness
In Prep & Year One reduces Reading Problems by up to
must be taught for children to Crack the Reading Code, as research repeatedly shows.
With Scaffolded Teaching & Instruction
the number of children who can move beyond the bottom 5% is:
SO WHY AREN'T WE SEEING CHANGE?
READING ROPES IS BRIDGING THE CHASM
What makes Reading Ropes special?
As special needs teachers, we realised parents needed better solutions. They needed to be empowered to make a difference.
Some tutors are fantastic, and the individualised attention is invaluable. However, reading intervention requires a little and often approach, particulalry for dyslexic children. Skills are often lost due to the infrequency of tutor visits.
Amazing teachers are worth their weight in gold, but many are unaware of best practice. A mostly one size fits all approach to classroom progression also impedes the progress of troubled readers and dyslexics, while decreasing motivation.
Online Phonics Activities
Online set and forget phonics games and activities can help, however lasting improvements are often limited. They also typically lack an evolving structure with real book reading. This is insufficient for dyslexic and slow progress readers.
- Evidenced Based Content 65% 65%
- Logical Structure Reinforcing Skills 55% 55%
- Sufficient Repetition & Intensity 15% 15%
- Tailored to Child’s Learning Pace 100% 100%
- Evidenced Based Content 60% 60%
- Logical Structure Reinforcing Skills 40% 40%
- Sufficient Repetition & Intensity 65% 65%
- Tailored to Child’s Learning Pace 5% 5%
- Evidenced Based Content 85% 85%
- Logical Structure Reinforcing Skills 15% 15%
- Sufficient Repetition & Intensity 55% 55%
- Tailored to Child’s Learning Pace 80% 80%